Maybe your team is taking on a new React project and you want to get a handle on React development before your kick off the project. Or maybe you are just starting off your development career and want to learn React in order to increase your job opportunities. Or maybe you’ve been in the industry for a while, heard so much about React, and finally want to see what React is all about.
Whatever the case may be, you’ll leave the minishop with all the fundamentals you need to build your own modern apps with React using hooks.
- Write configurable, reusable and composable components
- Use JSX syntax
- Work with the “Virtual DOM”
- Handle user interactions and synthetic events
- Maintain application state using hooks
- Make API calls using hooks
- Apply component styling
- …and many more tidbits and nuances of quality React development
- No prior experience with React is necessary! 🙌🏾
- Already have experience developing in React with class components (consider the Migrating to React Hooks minishop instead)
- Already have dabbled with React Hooks (consider the Sharing React Component Logic or TypeScript for React Developers minishops instead)
By participating in this minishop, you are agreeing to the Minishop Code of Conduct.
Minishops by Ben Ilegbodu are fully-remote workshops that last about 3 hours. They’re highly-focused, covering only the concepts you want to learn so that you can level up your skills and get on with the rest of your day. By keeping it short, you’re able to absorb and retain the information before fatigue sets in and other distractions get in your way.
To learn more about minishops, read the Introducing Minishops blog post.
If you have questions about the minishop, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.